Thursday, August 6, 2009

Letter from Germany

August 3, 2009
Dear David,
My name is Rainer ____. I‘m 45 years old and live in the region of Heidelberg in Germany. Since 30 years I breed birds. Last year I got a couple of schamas, but the female died in February. Now I am looking for a new female. In the Internet I found your address.
I’m very interested in schamas with long tails that we can see on your pictures.
Is it possible that I get 2 couples from you.
Regards

Rainer


August 4, 2009
Hi Rainer,
Thank you for your interest in my shamas. I am sorry to inform that I am only a hobbyist breeder and do not have shamas for export. Anyway, the bird flu makes it not possible to export. Best regards,
David


August 4, 2009
Hi David,
many thanks for the quick answer.
It is a pity that the current export is prohibited. Can I ask again if the situation changes into positive?
I'm really very interested in your Shamas. This morning I fed my cock. Here I have your animals with long tails in my mind and I was again very impressed. One couple would have been fantastic.
Regards

Rainer


August 4, 2009
Hi Rainer,I am sorry that any spare shamas that I have need to go first to my close friends as I do not breed the birds for sale. There is also a great local demand for my birds at high prices that I am not even prepared to try to satisfy. Further, I understand that exporting birds requires a great deal of paperwork, visiting government offices to fill forms, engaging vets to certify the birds health, having the birds quarantined for a month or so immediately prior to export (a facility I do not have), finding out about packing and export requirements, making arrangements with the airline, delivering the birds to the airport etc, all of which I regret I am not prepared to do. BTW, the local hobbyists are prepared to pay much higher prices for the birdsthat they want than the Westerner. For instance, even for a wild-caught shama with 12" tails and with the aspects I am looking for, I am prepared to pay US$6,500.00 or more.
Best Regards,
David

August 4, 2009
Hi David,
Thanks for the answer.
But US$ 6,500 is not really to much for me.
I will be keep your contact for when I have a special question.
Thanks again.
Best regards

Rainer

No comments:

Post a Comment