Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Shama Chicks In Holland - Update 15th October 2008

Hi David,

I am happy to let you know that the chicks are fine now. Today, this afternoon they fledged.

After I started giving the chicks extra calcium en vitamin D the one that could not use it’s legs properly started to get better very quickly.

(the vitamin powder I used to dust the insects contains enough vitamin B because it is made largely of brewers yeast so I don’t think that was the problem).

Besides mealworms and crickets and worms I also gave them small fish. This way I made their diet more varied and healthy I hope.

The chicks are well feathered and have long and strong legs. I am happy to send you a picture of my two birds I raised from birth. I think they are a male and a female.



Thank you again for you advice.

Best regards,