Thursday, April 14, 2011

There will be a shama song competition on Saturday 23 April 2011.  It will be held at Bishan, Singapore and it will be at night - starting at about 8.00 pm.

I had intended to keep Sky Hawk and Pretty Boy for competitions this year but I decided not to because there were no scheduled dates for forthcoming competitions.  They have been entered into the breeding program and will not be available for competition anytime soon.

Apache is half-way through his annual molt.  There is Jeffrey's Funkie which is now with me and I intend to compete him eventually.  He has only just completed his molt and will require some time to come into form. He will be ready for competition in about 1 1/2 months time.

This leaves only Piston available for the 23rd. His present form is not too bad and I hope it can still improve substantially in the remaining 9 days.  I have not been able to hang his cage in my garden as part of his training as his singing disturbs the breeding pairs in their aviaries.  There is also a problem with his preparation in the home as his form is adversely affected if he hears the chicks in their cages.

Anyway, Piston has a very steady character and requires little preparation to come into form so I have hope that he will do reasonably well in the coming night competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment